Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Monday, August 30, 2010

My First Card Design


I'm in the process of uploading all of the photos on our computer to Shutterfly (what a job!).  While I was sorting through the pictures, I found pics of a bunch of cards I forgot I had ever made.  It was fun to take a little trip down Creative Memory Lane.  The card pictured above was the first card design I ever made.  I actually started making cards out of necessity.  It was my nephew's 2nd birthday, and by the time I realized I had forgotten to buy him a card it was too late to go get one.  So, being a scrapbooker and having a ton of paper and stickers, I decided to make a card.  This is the design that I came up with (although my nephew's card said "Brad" on it).  I made this card for every kid I knew for the next six months. That was six years ago, and I have not purchased a card since. 

Early on, my cards were mostly decorated with fancy paper and stickers.  It took me awhile to discover the joys of stamping (I wonder if I can find the photo of my first stamped card......hmmmm...I think I need to look for that!)  I'd like to think I've come a long way, it's been a fun and creative journey and I'm looking forward to see where this path leads. 

recipe:  paper: Creative Memories; stickers Making Memories Letters, Mrs. Grossman's stripe; CM Circle Punches; Sakura Micro Pen

No comments: