Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just A Little Note

This morning I awoke to the sweet sounds of singing birds....could this mean Spring is coming?  I sure hope so!  I, for one, am ready!  You too? 

This card was inspired by the birds I heard this morning.  I love this cute little Chickadee and couldn't wait to get him inky!  I've always loved the look of Musical Score, so this stamp had to find it's way to my stamp table - I have a feeling I'll give it a good workout!  My new favorite ink color is Tsukineko London Fog - I think it's perfect for a muted background.  I was able to fit the Just a Note sentiment onto the bird image using my Stamp-a-ma-jig. (an invaluable tool!)  Add a ribbon and a few dots of Diamond Glaze and....VOILA!

I colored this image with my watercolor crayons.  It's the first time I've used them in FOREVER and I forgot how much fun it is to just kind of wash color over your image.  I'll be playing with them again soon!

recipe:  stamps:  Stampendous! Chickadee, Music Score, Just a Note;  paper: The Paper Co.;  ink: Tsukinkeo Tuxedo Black, London Fog; watercolor crayons; H2O pen/brush; Diamond Glaze; JoAnn's ribbon; Stamp-a-ma-jig

1 comment:

Lin said...

This card makes me smile! Yes, birdsong in the spring is someting I really look forward to. Love how you fit the sentiment in, and your addition of the music background makes it perfect!!