Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer/4th of July Blog Hop

I'm on a roll!  This is my second Blog Hop this month!  I'm so excited to be a part of this fun Summer/4th of July Blog Hop that Taylor has put together!  Thanks for letting me play along, Taylor!  If you've arrived here from Jennifer's blog, you're in the right place.


I just can't resist this adorable Stampendous stamp set!  It's called Summer Cuties - and they really are cute!  Since I have 2 little boys, I don't get the chance to make little girlie cards often, but I sure have had fun getting these little gals good and inky.  I almost didn't get a picture of this card, I completely forgot until I already had it in the envelope and it was ready to deliver.  Oops!  Wish I had taken the time to get a better photo, but I was on limited time as we were headed out the door for a long weekend to my in-laws.  This card was for my MIL's birthday.  I used these great red Dot Sparkler Stickers by Stampendous on this card.  The sentiment has a row of dots between "celebrate" and "summer"....and I used the Dot Sparklers on this little gal's pigtails.  They remind me of those plastic ball pony tail holders we had as kids!  So cute!



recipe: Stampendous Summer Cuties, Dot Sparkler Stickers; Tsukineko Tuxedo Black ink; Prismacolor Pencils, Goo Gone, Tortillons; JoAnn's ribbon; Recollections Brights Paper; Bazzill Loganberry Pie paper


These little gals are so stinkin' cute that I couldn't control myself!  I had to make one more card!


recipe:  Stampendous Summer Cuties, Dot Sparklers; DCWV Classic Prints Matstack; Tsukineko Tuxedo Black ink; Prismacolor Pencils, Goo Gone, Tortillons; Fiskars Border Punch



Now you're in for a big treat....your next stop is Sunghee's blog - she's super talented!  If you get lost along the way, I've included a list of all the "hoppers" at the bottom of this post. You have until Tuesday, July 5th at 6:00 PM EST to comment on as many blogs as you can. Winers will be drawn from random comments on blogs, and announced on Wednesday July 7th (on Taylor's blog).  Prizes have been generously been donated by the following:



Stampendous (3 Cling Jumbo Flowers plus a handle - 3 prizes total)

Chi Chi Memories - http://www.chichimemories.com/ - (digi stamp set of winner's choice)

Pixie Dust Studio - http://www.pixieduststudio.net/ - 2 digi images of winner's choice (1 winner)

Dreamweaver's Stencils - http://www.dreamweaverstencils.com/ - prize pack to 1 winner

Karber Digital Studio - http://www.karberdigital.com/ - 2 digi images of winner's choice (1 winner)


Maria Levine -http://www.etsy.com/shop/tykatsupplies - Ippity Kit (1 winner)

Skipping Stones Design - http://skippingstonesdesign.com/ - 1 clear stamp set of SSD's choosing (1 winner)

Cindy Coutts/Christian paper Crafts - one SU stamp set

Sunghee Chon - http://www.amusestudio.com/sunghee/ - 1 a muse studio catalog + 1 stamp set of choice (Value equal or less than $12.99) for US resident only.

Sunghee Chon -- http://www.littlepotatohouse.com/ -- $20 gift certificates to Little Potato House template shop for US or non-US resident.

Karen from Your Next Stamp - http://www.yournextstamp.com/ -- stamp called Ellie loves The Beach.




OK- I've talked enough, now it's time for you to get hoppin'!  Have fun - enjoy the summertime inspiration!  Hope you'll come back and visit me again.  Take time to get inky today!






























49 comments:

wendyp said...

This is one of my favorite Stampendous sets! ADORABLE cards!! Loving the dot sparklers on her ponytails!

Have a fabulous 4th of July weekend!

Suzi McKenzie said...

Beautiful creations, love those images, those girls are so cute, love paper choices too:)
Happy Hopping
Hugs
Suzi
xxx

Taylor said...

I love these cuties - aren't they perfect for summer cards?? Thanks so much for hopping with me!

Sherry said...

These kids are just too cute great job thanks for sharing

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a fabulous pair of card they express summer to a t!

Creatively Lisa said...

Super cute. Thanks for sharing

jamlrise@comcast.net

Michelle said...

These little girls with their pigtails are perfect for summertime cards. Love the extra touch on their hair ties. So cute!

lvtaz2000 said...

These images are wonderful. They just remind you of the wonder of a child on the fourth of July. Thanks for sharing.

Pam Hornschu said...

Those summertime cuties are so...cute! Lol. Love the papers you chose to coordinate with the images. The skinny red and white stripes and scalloped border are so fun and festive.

sharon g said...

That's soooo cute. Nice job.

Jenée said...

Yummy, watermelon on the 4th -- perfect combination. Both of your cards are quite cute and charming. Thank you for sharing with us.

Jingle said...

These are both really adorable! You did a fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

Great cards!
Hugs Julie P

Patricia Hays said...

Both of your cards are really cheery and fun! I remember those pony tail holders very well - thanks for the memories! :)

Indy's Designs said...

Love your cards. The watermelon looks delicious.

Lea said...

Your Summer Cuties sure are cute! I just love Stampendous stamps! Great cards!

Lea Kimmel

Laura Drahozal said...

I really like these cards. Very good work, and cute stamps!

Scrappychick said...

These are both just precious, this is one of my favorite sets too!

Kerry said...

I love love love these cuties!!! Awesome cards!

slbt17 said...

so cute!
Sandra ltb

mousekemom said...

Such cute cards! Very patriotic. Thanks for sharing!
April D
Marion, IA

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

You are so right, they are cute!

Louise said...

Darling cards, the sentiments are perfect! Happy 4th!

CCC said...

Wow! Two cards. You ladies were truly busy. Love the different looks for the same theme.

Alison said...

These are both very cute! love how festive they are. :)

Isabel Z said...

Love, love, love what you created--such happy cards.

Melinda Gleissner said...

Krissy, LOVE your cards! I want this Stampendous set, it's so cute (thus the name, I guess). Your coloring is really great on both cards. Happy 4th!

Billie Dee said...

Very cute! Happy 4th!

Billie Dee said...

Absolute cuteness! Happy Summer!

Clare G said...

Fun cards! I love the images and how you used the papers.

Angie said...

Thank you for letting us stop by. Cute!!

Lillian Child said...

Delightful card! And what a fabulous blog you have - LOVE the photo at the top! I am now a follower. So very nice to meet you. Stop by my blog sometime and give me a shout out!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

How cute! I love how the watermelon card makes me want to take a bite out of watermelon even though it is one of my least favorite fruits!

luvmy2girls said...

Super adorable cards! =)

Stephanie said...

What adorable girls!! I love the watermelon girl. So cute!! Both cards are fantastic.

Sunghee said...

Adorable!!! color choice is great for the theme. Thanks for having me in this hop! Happy 4th of july!

joy said...

Adorable cards - your've done these little gals proud! Thanks for the inspiration.

Reba said...

What cutie pies!! Love the cards! Happy 4th!

Nicole Brenna said...

The first card is one of my faves from the hop... love the digi stamp!

Cat said...

Such adorable images! I really like the watermelon card! Happy 4th!

FrancineB said...

Cute cards! Very cheerful and fun.

Jan Garber said...

Cute Summer cards!

Carol said...

Super fun patriotic summer projects!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Sue D said...

Very cute--I like the pony tail holders.

Angela Toucan said...

super cute

Maria said...

Totally adorable! Love those images, great cards!

Sally said...

They are just the cutest stamps. Love all the bright colors and cute looks. Thanks
Sally

Curt in Indy said...

Great images! And what perfect summer cards they make. Love your card designs and layouts. The first one is my fav because watermelon is such an icon for summer and the image is adorable! Hope you are well. Best, Curt

C said...

Hi Krissy...Oh, my...that second little cutie looks just like our granddaughter. I might need to own that set for sure. Thanks for visiting us at the May Arts/Stampendous Blog Hop and for the nice comment on my Vintage meets Modern post.