Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Stampendous January "Bling" Challenge

Another Saturday means another chance to get your bling on with the fabulous ladies at Stampendous . That's right, this month we are all about bringing in the New Year with some BLING! Glitter, rhinestones, sparkly stickers...you name it. Just make it shiny and get it on your project!


Today I stepped out of my comfort zone with my card - and I have to tell you IT WAS FUN!!!!! And, the best part is, I really like my card! I usually tend to use patterned designer paper on my cards, but this week I decided to make my own using inks, stamps and embossing powder. What fun!  If you'd like to make your own version of this card, all of the supplies needed are available at Michaels.

Here's it is:
recipe:  Stampendous Time Flies, Detail Silver EP, Emerald PEARLustre EP; Tsukineko Tuxedo Black, London Fog inks; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage Distress Inks, Sponge Applicator; Bazzill grey card stock; Recollections white card stock


We want YOU to play along with us! Just add you direct link to your card (make sure you've loaded it up with tons of BLING) to the linky tool on the Stampendous blog) no later than February 2, 2012 at 11:00 PM EST. You don't have to use Stampendous products to play along, but we sure love it when you do! And as an extra incentive for playing, one lucky person (drawn at random from all the entries) will receive this gorgeous Cherub Wishes Perfectly Clear Stamp Set:

Due to shipping restrictions, the winner must have a US address.

Ok, now it's time for you to check out the bling'd out goodness all of my fellow team members have created. Are you ready to be wowed?????


Cyndi Bundy

Wendy Price

Wendy Jordan

Jennie Lin Black

Taylor Usry

Krissy Fossmeyer

Suzanne Czosek

Kristine Reynolds

Pam Hornschu

Melinda Gleissner

Jennifer Ingle

Can't wait to see what blingy goodness you create - be sure to upload it to the Stampendous blog

Hope all is well in your corner of the world - take time to get inky today!

11 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Lovely embossed image! beautiful card. Love the soft distressed background. Beautiful card!

wendyp said...

What a gorgeous background!!! Very pretty card, Krissy!

Pam Hornschu said...

Loving the shimmer of the Pearlustre EP in little sprinkles! Beautiful card, Krissy!

Jennie Lin Black said...

Love it..... this saying reminds me so much of my son.... they grow up so fast! would be a great birthday card for an older kid (like mine.. 18)... Hugs.

Scrappychick said...

Beautiful! Love the bits of sparkle!!

Kristine Reynolds said...

I bet that really shines IRL! I haven't inked this one up yet...maybe today!

Stephanie (Arty Carty) Lee said...

love the bkground too!! very pretty.

Janelle Stollfus said...

Yep, I'm still loving it!

Taylor said...

gaw-jus girlie!!

Wendy said...

Fabulous Krissy!!! Your background is fabulous!!! The "time flies" stamp is one of my fav's right now! I hope you're having a good week!!

Melinda Gleissner said...

very pretty Krissy! Love the soft, muted background.