Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Friday, September 28, 2012

Time Flies

Ok, I have a confession to make.  When I first saw the stamps that I used on this card, I thought to myself, "How in the world am I going to use these?  They are SO not me!"  Well, I have to tell you that I absolutely LOVE the way this card turned out!!!!  It is one of my favorites!  I love when that happens!  Sometimes you just have to take a chance, step outside your comfort zone and try something new!  

I used stamps from three different Stampendous stamps.... Damask Chair Perfectly ClearCharm Collection Perfectly Clear and Time Flies Perfectly Clear sets.  I stamped the chair with VersaMark watermark in by Tsukineko and embossed it with Carnelian Embossing Powder.  The chandelier, cameo and sentiment are all stamped with Rich Cocoa ink by Tsukineko, and the whole thing is distressed with Tim Holtz's Tea Dye Distress Ink.  The lace border is self-adhesive and is from Recollections.

I made this card for Michaels' Stamptember and all of the supplies to make this card are available at Michaels...so add them all to your next shopping list!  



Be sure to stop by next week for the big Stampendous and May Arts collaboration!  You don't want to miss it!

In the meantime, take time to get inky today!

No comments: