Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Friday, June 21, 2013

Hopping and Stamping and Etching

This week the Stampendous Design Team got the chance to work with Armor Etch Glass Etching Cream.  What fun!  Today we've all gotten together to share a beautiful Blog Hop with you.  I have the list of all the hoppers at the bottom of this post, you'll want to visit each blog to check out the creative inspiration!

I decided to start my Christmas crafting.  I stamped Stampendous Manger Scene onto the glass from a picture frame with VersaMark ink and applied Clear Bark Embossing Powder and heat set it.  The color of embossing powder you use doesn't matter, it will all wash away eventually anyway.  Once the glass cooled (I used my Ove Glove to hold on to the glass - it gets REALLY hot!), I applied the Etching Cream and let it set for about 6 minutes.  Then it was time to take it to the sink and rinse the glass with hot water.  With just a little bit of rubbing, the embossing powder washed right off and left a beautiful image on the glass.  

I applied Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress Ink on a piece of white card stock for the background.  And stamped the word "Peace" from the Stampendous Encouraging Words Perfectly Clear stamp set with VersaFine black ink.  I find myself pairing this "Peace" stamp with the Manger Scene often.  All of the supplies used to make this project are available at Michaels.



(sorry about the bad picture - I tried and tried and this was the best I could get.  *sigh*)

I haven't quite decided how to finish embellishing this frame - or if I want to leave it as is.  Somehow, the simplicity of the message seems perfect. 

Before you rush out to Michaels to buy all the supplies to make this, take time to hop along and see the beautiful inspiration the rest of the team has to share with you.  





19 comments:

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful Krissy, this frame will make a great decoration for Christmas!

Terri Burnette said...

This is beautiful! What a wonderful idea. It would be cute to make mini ones like this to use as ornaments. Hanging on the Christmas tree with the twinkle lights shining behind it....perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Dawn Louise said...

A lovely piece for Christmas, can see the etching effect and design x well planned

Jamie Martin said...

Great idea to stamp on the glass from a picture frame, it looks great!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Great idea to etch the picture glass.

Iris said...

Hi from Missouri. Your manger scene is lovely.

Sue D said...

This is beautiful!!
Sue in Ohio

barbara macaskill said...

What a great Christmas decoration this is! I am a firm believer that we should have a little Christmas every month of the year! Thanks for sharing with this Vermont crafter!

Jean Bullock said...

This is beautiful. Don't worry about the photo. Most of us know about etching and how poorly it photographs. We can still see what a great job you did.

Kathy said...

Your beautiful manger scene is a wonderful Christmas keepsake. Kathy T in Minnesota

Jean Bullock said...

I forgot to say I was from California. Didn't mean to double post.

Amy Martin said...

Wow... It is Beautiful. Great choice to go with Christmas. Amy from TN.

Kailash said...

Hi from Illinois, love your frame, such a thoughtful and special gift it could be!

Unknown said...

Love this. ESP the blue background which gives such a in effect. Starting so early on Christmas is a great idea

Janis said...

Lovely project....and I can see why it would be so difficult to photograph! It turned out so beautiful, though.

Janis from Idaho in the USA

Tenia Nelson said...

So so gorgeous!!! :)

grandmalee said...

Thanks for another wonderful idea! Lee from Ohio

Unknown said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh that manger scene etched on the glass! The colors you chose to put behind it and like a peaceful winter sky at night. Divine. I definitely need that stamp now! TFS such a lovely project.
-Angel from Arkansas

Janelle Stollfus said...

Beautiful project, Krissy! I'll bet this will look amazing across the room from a lighted tree or garland... reflecting lights on the manger scene.