Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Stampendous and Dreamweavers

This week Stampendous and Dreamweaver are once again teaming up to show you how stamps and stencils work together beautifully.  The Dreamweaver stencils have such beautiful designs and their embossing paste is so easy to work with.  Together, they make the perfect background for Stampendous stamps!

Today I'm sharing a card that features the gorgeous Stampendous Cling Blossom Beauty Stamp.  The flowers on her head are included with this stamp set and are a breeze to die cut using the Blossom Beauty Die Cut set.  I added a few leaves from the Cling Lovely Garden stamp set and the coordinating Lovely Garden Die Cut Set.  All of the stamped images were stamped with Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I'm still practicing my coloring technique, but it sure is fun to practice!  Thanks so much to Crafter's Companion for their generosity!  

For the background, I used the graceful Large Flourish stencil by Dreamweaver.  I applied Pearlescent Embossing Paste on white card stock. Once it was dry, I lightly applied Bundled Sage and Peeled Paint Distress Inks. What a great background!  I'll be reaching for this stencil again and again! And the sheen on this embossing paste is spectacular in person!


 

Thanks for stopping by today, be sure to stop by the Stampendous Blog to see who else has a special project to share with you today.  Stop by again on Friday when I'll have another fun project to share with you!

Take time to get inky today!


48 comments:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Krissy, this is gorgeous! Thank you for creating such a beauty for the Dream-pendous hop and using the Dreamweaver products as you do so!

Steph Ackerman said...

Wow this is gorgeous

Leanne said...

Oh wow! Love this one. Also love your adorable little friend pouting & winking at me on your sidebar.

Pam Hornschu said...

Beautiful colors and coloring, Krissy! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Jan Castle said...

Love the bright colors....great design for this! TFS your talent!
Jan

Jamie Martin said...

So pretty and vibrant.

Janeen said...

that is so exotically gorgeous

Kailash said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the dimension with the flowers!!

Yolanda said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the colors.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

fantastic colors on your card!

Eileen L. said...

The coloring on your card is gorgeous, she looks lovely.

Diane said...

WOW....so stunningly beautiful...LOVE it!!!

Jade said...

Your coloring techniques are spectacular! She has very creamy smooth skin. The background is awesome and the flourish with Pearlescent Embossing Paste has got it going. :)

Miriam Prantner said...

The coloring is amazing! Love that stenciled flourish in the background.

Crazy Stamper said...

I really love that flower, the size is perfect and it comes with dies just amazing.

Unknown said...

Awesome awesome awesome stamp!!!!!!!!!!!

Glass Daisy said...

What a gorgeous card.

Carolina Kathy said...

What a beautiful card!

Fliss said...

Really stunning creation. Such gorgeous colourful flowers on your lovely lady's head.
Thanks for sharing.
Fliss x

PJ said...

Love the card! the colors are beautiful together!

barbara macaskill said...

Absolutely stunning! I am drooling excessively over the Pearlescent Embossing paste!!! Can't wait to get my check so I can order some and give it a try!! LOVE the Blossom dies and stamps!!! They are also on my must have list! TFS!

christi said...

wonderful. I love how vibrant all of the colors are.

Graciellie Design said...

Wonderful and elegant. Love the colors you used!

snazzyjj said...

Love the choker, the swirls and the amazing coloring your did.

Stampendous said...

So simple and pretty and I love the stenciled swirl in the background, the paste is so pearly and gorgeous on this card! Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Wow, so lovely! Love that stencil.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

so pretty. Love the lace choker necklace. TFS

Judy said...

Beautiful job coloring the flowers! What a great card. Thanks for sharing.

Greta said...

This is just spectacular! I can't tell you're practicing with the pens--looks fabulous! I love that stencil--onto my wishlist!

Jean said...

What a beautiful lady! Awesome job coloring. Love it!

Vicki Sopcak said...

Wowza.....each card gets better and better. Thanks for sharing

cghundley said...

Beautiful card,
do love that flourish
stamp in the background.
Lovely colors.
Carla from Utah

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Beautiful card!!!

Sue D said...

Fabulous coloring.
Sue in Ohio

Heather said...

very elegant, I love the choker and the background.

Robin B. said...

Beautiful card! I love the bright colors and the flowers.

suzieq23 said...

Just love her face and the flowers on her head. so colorful.

CreativeJanine said...

I love everything about this card! I'll have to get out my flourish stencil-it makes a great background.

Papertangler said...

Beautiful fancy tropical lady! I love the different Blossom Dies.

Con said...

She is so pretty, colorful and youthfulness. thanks -con

Gerrina said...

Like your elegant background! And what a beautifully coloured face and flowers!

Heather said...

Beautiful! Love those new flower stamps and dies and that stencil is perfect for the background.

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love how you layered the flower! Your colouring and shading is fabulous! Love how you used the stencil! Lace is an awesome detail!

Viki Banaszak said...

The coloring is stunning on this. So pretty

Katie said...

Great idea! I love the flowers and that flourish in the background looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

TracyM #6773 said...

Your card is SO ELEGANT!!!
LOVE the colours, LOVE the shading, LOVE the flowers, LOVE IT ALL!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your BEAUTIFUL card and inspiration :)

AndreaB said...

Oh how I love the colours of this card. Making me dream!

Suzanne C said...

Sweet blossom beauty! The flourish is a lovely touch in the background.