Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dad's the Man!

Hi!  Thanks for stopping by today!  This week the Stampendous Design Team is celebrating dads.  And, although, my card might make you think otherwise, this is one of the Fathers' Day cards I made this year.  This card is for a single mom I know who is raising two wonderful kids all on her own and who I thought deserved a little recognition on Fathers' Day.


For this card, I inked up this fabulous Stampendous Butterfly Tune stamp twice with Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I used one image as a complete panel and colored just the butterfly on the other one with my Spectrum Noir markers, then I fussy cut it. I bent the wings up a bit and glued the body on top of the butterfly on the main panel to add a little dimension. The sentiment is from the Royal Heart Quotes Perfectly Clear stamp set.  A bit of crystal glitter on the butterfly and a touch of my Sakura Stardust pen on the frame around the sentiment and this card is perfect for my no-frills friend.

Take time this Fathers' Day to remember the moms who, for one reason or another, play both roles in the lives of their children.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Take time to get inky!

No comments: