Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Get Inky

Stampendous and Imagine Crafts Header
This week we're celebrating the current neon trend with the folks at Imagine Crafts! Their new line of beautiful inks called Radiant Neon are just exactly that! They positively glow with brilliant color. And they coordinate perfectly with our beautiful Frantage Color Fragments! The potential for splashes of incredible color are absolutely endless. And you can win some, too!!

The card I have for you today features the gorgeous Stampendous Jumbo Cling Rubber Butterfly Trio and Butterfly Charms Perfectly Clear Stamps sets.  I'll be giving this card to my niece for her Middle School graduation next month, so I included the Dreams Come True sentiment stamp.

The colors I used are from the new line of Radiant Neon inks.  All of the colors are absolutely fantastic!  For this card I used Electric Pink and Electric Purple. I did first and second generation stamping (stamped once and then again without re-inking the stamp).  I also inked up one of the tiny butterflies with the equally beautiful Silver Delicata ink.  

When I went to assemble the card, instead of reaching for silver card stock, I inked the edges of a panel of white card stock with the same Silver Delicata ink.  A perfect match!  The sentiment is stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black ink, my very favorite ink for sentiments.  




 
STM Imagine Crafts Prize Package
We'll send three lucky winners 3 Radiant Neon Ink Pads and 3 jars of Color Fragments (we choose the colors). All you have to do to enter is to comment on as many of the blog posts this week as you can. You have until the end of Sunday, May 25th to comment. On Monday, May 26 we'll randomly choose three of the blog posts, then randomly choose a winner from each. You must have a U.S. Mailing Address to win, but we sure welcome comments from everyone. 

Here's some inspiration for today from our terrific Design Teams! Go leave them some love!!

Stampendous Blog 

Imagine Crafts Blog

Kazuko Kocho

Jamie Martin

Maureen Cronin

Krissy Fossmeyer (that's me!)

Sylvia Blum

Tenia Nelson

Cathy Andronicou

In case you missed yesterday's brilliant start to our Neon Blog Hop - Here is the link.


***Blog Hop Hint - if you click on a link that takes you to a page saying something like, "Sorry this page cannot be found," just click on the header at the top of the blog (usually a picture, or the blog's name), and it will take you to that blog's most recent post. That post *should* be our hop. If not, you can probably scroll down a short way to find the hop post.

45 comments:

Heather said...

Very pretty grad card fitting this time of year. Versatile also.

craftymom205 said...

Love your colorful butterflies.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Bunny said...

Butterflies are so pretty but this product makes them even prettier.

Mary Holshouser said...

Great idea to edge the white card stock with the same color as the little butterflies. Very pretty card.

Amy C. said...

Love all those butterflies in the neon colors!

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous butterflies..

PJ said...

I like butterflies, great job!

Jenny said...

I love this card!! The butterflies look so pretty stamp in the neon ink :)

Blue Rose said...

What a beautiful card. Love the butterflies, and the colors. I think the silver just makes it pop.

maria f. said...

That neon pink butterfly is so beautiful.

barbara macaskill said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! I love the butterflies and the sentiment is perfect for the occasion! TFS!

Stampendous said...

Love your pretty butterfly card! What a fun way to say "congrats". That Delicata probably looks a lot more amazing in person! Thanks so much for playing today, Krissy!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card - butterflies are so beautiful!

Barbara said...

Love the simplicity and the fun this card would be to create. The colors are fabulous!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card, love those butterflies!

Sabrina said...

WOW... So gorgeous!! Love all those neon colors!!

Carolina Kathy said...

Love your card, colors and butterflies, a favorite of mine!

Yolanda said...

Gorgeous!!...great colors.

Judy said...

Such a pretty card. The colors you used are so nice and the butterflies awesome. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

Unknown said...

A darling card!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love the beautiful butterflies. TFS

Katia said...

Coloring butterflyes, fantastic card!!!

Anonymous said...

Just love the butterflies. Thanks for sharing.

Suzi said...

Those stamps and inks work together great with the generation stamping! Thanks for sharing your super card with us!

Anonymous said...

Simply Gorgeous!

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful butterfly card and such pretty color choices!

Robin B. said...

What a pretty card! I love the variety of colored butterflies against the white background.

Unknown said...

Aw, so pretty.

Heather said...

Love the butterfly stamp and the different looks you achieved with the second generation stamping!

Unknown said...

Anything with butterflies has my vote. They just seem to dance across the page

Colorado Crafter said...

Lovely card! Now I want to go and stamp some butterflies in neon colors!!!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love those neon butterflies! So pretty!

ddazzled71 said...

I can't help but smile at your beautiful butterflies. A wonderful and effective CAS Design. TFS

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Beautiful card, love the colors.
Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Jean Bullock said...

Those butterflies are gorgeous. Love both the stamps and inks. Beautiful card.

Viki Banaszak said...

Those beautiful butterflies really pop! I love the new colors of inks and am looking forward to getting them.

KFlaherty said...

Great butterflies!

Diana Fernandez said...

Oh so pretty, I love the butterflies.

Diane said...

A gorgeous use of those pretty neon colors!!

Iris said...

So pretty - love the colors and the butterflies.
isoscia at aol dot com

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

the butterflies are awesome in those colors

Suzanne C said...

What a beautiful butterfly card! love the mix of colors and that you paired it with the sentiment!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Linsey R said...

This card is a beauty! I love the boldness of it, yet it's also soft and pretty and with the butterflies, seems light and airy too! I love it! It's wonderful and so inspiring with the neons! TFS!

Lyneen said...

WOW! Love the butterfly stamps and colors... STUNNING!!!!