Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

From the Desk Of


I love making gifts for my boys to give their teachers.  I try to make a bunch of little gifties for them to bring to school throughout the year.  I also try to remember the bus driver and the lunch room supervisor (though admittedly, not as often.)  I was inspired by a card I found on Splitcoast Stampers, however I can't find it right now, I'll keep looking.  Instead of stamping a standard message on the card, I decided to run them them through my printer and personalize them with the teacher's name.

This card was especially appropriate for my oldest son's 1st grade teacher.  He was in an advanced reading class, which the teacher dubbed "Camp Read-a-Lot" - most activities throughout the school year were centered around reading.  So, I decided at the beginning of the school year that I would make these cards for her. 

Since I made a set of 20 cards for her, I kept the coloring simple and set up an assembly line to put them together.  They actually came together pretty quickly - the hardest part was deciding on the colors and cardstock.

Better get going, friends.  Hope you're having a good day and that you take time to get inky today!

recipe:  Stampendous School for Max, Book Border; DCWV Linen Closet Mat Stack; White & Beige Cardstock; Prismacolor Pencils, Goo Gone, Tortillons; Tsukineko Tuxedo Black, Sand inks

1 comment:

Curt in Indy said...

What an absolutely thoughtful person you are! These are so awesome. What a perfect gift for the teacher. That image is adorable. I think I'd be about sick of it though after coloring it 20 times! LOL Super job on these! Best, Curt