Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Friday, December 27, 2013

Winter Fun!

What a fun week this has been, but I have to say I am exhausted!  My two boys have been running on pure adrenaline since school let out for Winter Break last Friday.  It's about time for them to crash - just in time for a quiet New Year!  Here in the Chicago area, we had a beautiful white Christmas which had me thinking "snowflakes".  That inspired me to make this card using the Stampendous Cling Jumbo Snowflake Trio.


I first applied Ranger Distress Ink in Dusty Concord to a panel of white card stock.  Then I stamped the two smallest snowflakes using VersaMark ink and heat set Detail Silver Embossing Powder by Stampendous.  I made my own silver card stock to mat the panel by just applying VersaMark around the outer edges of a panel of card stock, sprinkling on Detail Silver Embossing Powder and heat setting it.  Wrapped around and tied a length of sheer silver ribbon and my card was done.  My niece loves purple and she is a December baby, so this card was perfect for her birthday last week.

Well friends, it's time for me to get busy.  Our house is a disaster zone - it looks like the North Pole exploded in our family room. 

Thanks for stopping by, take time to get inky today!


2 comments:

Yolanda said...

Very elegant card.

Jean Bullock said...

Very pretty card. You have two of my favorite things on this card- snowflakes and heat embossing. Well done.