Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Krafty Elf Wishes


I've been busy today making cards for this week's Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge.  There's actually no sketch to work with this week, the only guideline is to make a Christmas card.  How fun!  I had so many ideas running through my head, and couldn't decide on just one, so I made 4 or 5 cards this week.  I was on a roll!  My creativity was flowing!

This little elf makes me smile!  Isn't he cute?  It may be hard to see in the photo, but I added Red Stickles to the tips of his little elfin shoes and Liquid Applique for the "fur" trim on his jacket.  They both add a fun texture to cards.  To add a little more texture, I used my Scor-it to score evenly spaced lines on the green strip.  Until I get a Cuttlebug, this is an easy way to add texture to paper.  I had a lot of fun working with kraft paper, I'll have to do it again soon!

I've got more to show you.....stay tuned.  In the meantime, take time to get inky!

recipe:  stamps:  Stampendous Elf Wishes, Warm Winter; Tsukineko Tuxedo Black; JoAnn's Red Pigment Ink; Prismacolor Pencils, Goo-Gone, Tortillons; Red Stickles; The Paper Co.; Scor-It; Liquid Applique; CM Gold Pen

No comments: