Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Friday, August 27, 2010

Sunflower for Mom


Have you ever made a card that just had a mind of it's own?  This one certainly did!  I had every intention of making this card yellow and purple based on some really cute polka dot ribbon I found in my stash.  Well, this card had another idea!  It definitely wanted to be yellow, orange and green.  But, it all worked for the best and when I was done, I realized why.  You see, I was making this card for my Mom's birthday, and this card would have been completely at home in the bedroom Mom decorated for me when I was a little girl.  In my room, I had 2 walls papered with big yellow, orange and green flowers and 2 walls papered with green gingham (welcome to the 70s!)  It was such a fun, cheerful, happy room - and I think this card is fun and cheerful, too. 

It's hard to tell in this photo, but I used an X-acto knife to cut around the flower petals and curled them up a bit to add dimension to this card.  There is a layer of orange paper under the flower that can be seen under the upturned petals.  For added texture I used the Scor-It to make the stripes on the background.

Hope you're having a creative day, take time to get inky!

recipe:  stamps:  Stampendous Sunny Flowers, Everything Happy; Tsukineko Tuxedo Black; Scor-it; The Paper Co; Prismacolor Pencils, Goo-Gone, Tortillons; Me & My Big Ideas bling; Target ribbon; Crystal Stickles

No comments: