Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Embossed Easter Eggs

Happy Easter!

While I was brainstorming trying to decide on a 3D project for Stampendous BlogStars, I was talking to my boys about Easter and they were asking when we would dye our Easter eggs.  Ah-ha!  There was a perfect 3D project for me to try!

I first hard-boiled my eggs and let them cool (maybe a little too cool - more on that later).  I stamped small images from the Stampendous Luv Bunnies and Flower Cross stamp sets with VersaMark ink and then used Detail White Embossing Powder.  Then used my heat gun to melt the powder - I had no idea how long it would take to melt the embossing powder when it's sprinkled on a cold egg!  I didn't think it would ever melt!  (Note to self:  bring eggs to room temperature next time!)  I then dyed the eggs using McCormick Food Coloring, and used paper towels to wipe the dye off of the embossed areas. 



I hope you'll want to give this project a try while you and your family are preparing for Easter.  I'm working on another project for Easter that I hope to be able to show you soon.

Hope you'll take time to get inky today!

recipe: stamps:  Stampendous Luv Bunnies, Flower Cross, VersaMark ink; Stampendous Detail White Embossing Powder; eggs; McCormick Food Coloring; vinegar

No comments: