Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Slugger!


Happy Birthday, Owen!

This card is for our nephew, Owen, who turned 8 years old last week - my, how time flies!  Owen is getting ready to start Little League Baseball, so I thought this little Stampendous Changito Play Ball was perfect for him.  Unfortuately, this little monkey has been discontinued, but I have seen him recently at Archiver's.  If you hurry, you might still be able to grab one!  There was a coordinating stamp that said "Hope your birthday is a hit!" - but they didn't have that one, so I'm hoping to still be able to track it down.  At the same time I also picked up the discontinued Changito Golfer - but the accompanying sentiment wasn't available for that either.....so now I'm on a mission to find them!  You know how crazy I am for this little monkey, so now I have to complete my collection - there are still a few others I'm searching for, like Changito Baker.  I'll get them all eventually - maybe my boys and I will make a game out of it this summer.

It may be hard to see in the photo, but I added Diamond Glaze to the bubble that Chagito is blowing, it looks just like a freshly blown bubble.   I think that's a fun little finishing touch.

Better get going, friends, I'm hoping to get inky this afternoon and have more to show you tomorrow.  Hope you'll find time to get inky today, too!

recipe:  stamps:  Stampendous Changito Play Ball, Happy Messages; Tsukineko Tuxedo Black Ink; Yours Truly Red Card; DCWV Classic Print Matstack; Prismcolor Pencils, Goo Gone, Tortillons; Diamond Glaze


No comments: