Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Imperial Jewel Monogram


I get such a thrill when I ink up a stamp for the first time.  You too?  So, I was excited to get this Stampendous Cling Imperial Jewel good and inky yesterday.  When I first brought this stamp home I wasn't quite sure what to do with it, and then I happen to grab my Stampendous Elegant Monograms Large set (discontinued).  All of the sudden I realized that if I didn't get the center of the medallion inky, I could add an initial in the center.  Voila! 

It's hard to see in this photo, but I stamped the card itself with the Imperial Jewel and watermark ink.  I then embossed the images with Detail Clear Embossing Powder.  For the focal image, I used watermark ink (being careful not to ink up the center) and embossed it with the Lettuce Embossing Powder from the Merlot Embossing Kit.  I added my initial in black ink before I "fussy cut" around the medallion and adhered it to my card with a few popdots.  My finishing touch was a bit of green bling.

After I got busy on this card, I had a few other ideas pop into my head, so you just may see this stamp make another appearance on the old blogaroonie in the next couple of weeks. 

It's a gloomy day in my neck of the woods today, I hope your corner of the world is full of sunshine!

Take time to get inky today!

recipe:  stamps: Stampendous Cling Imperial Jewel, Elegant Monograms Large; VersaMark Watermark ink; Stampendous Merlot Embossing Kit;  Me & My Big Ideas Icons Bling

No comments: