Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fun with Stampendous and Resin

JewelryResinPack1This week Stampendous has teamed up with ETI Jewelry Resin again.  We played together last year and had so much fun we thought we'd do it again.

I have to admit I was a bit intimidated by the Resin at first, but it is so easy to work with and a lot of fun.  It's as simple as imagining your design, mixing and pouring.  That's it!  



Today I have a pendant to share with you.  I started with a Tim Holtz Fragment Charm.  I stamped the cute little seahorse from the Stampendous Mermaid Kiddo, colored it and cut it out.  I adhered the cute little guy to the charm with Beacon ZipDry and then started to mix my Jewelry Resin.  After I had it all mixed, I added a bit of Stampendous Crystal Micro Glitter and then poured it on my charm.  Then I added a touch of Stampendous Oceanic Crushed Glass Glitter and set it aside to set.  That's the hard part - the waiting!  Actually, not touching it is the hard part!  I always have this urge to touch it to see if it has cured yet.  DON'T DO IT!!!  Don't ask me how I know - I don't want to talk about it.




Envirotex-Jewelry-Clay-RNot only does ETI make Jewelry Resin, this year they’ve added their two part epoxy Resin Clay to our mix, and we’re just so excited! We can’t wait to show you the amazing things we’ve created!  Tomorrow I'm planning to play with this clay and have a project to show you on Friday.  Stay tuned!
And, of course, the famous Resin and Resin Clay Diva, Carmi Cimicata of the Resin Crafts Blog is playing along with us this week with some of her terrific creations!
PLUS – The people at Nunn Design were kind enough to supply bezels to the the team so that we could make some beautiful jewelry!





So leap aboard and check out the terrific projects! Be sure to leave comments on each blog because we have Resin AND Stamps AND Bezels to give away!! 

Here’s who is playing with us today:

Krissy  (you are here!)



Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Take time to get inky today!

17 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

this is sooo cute Krissy!

Sue D said...

Very cute and I like the addition of the glitter.

Unknown said...

He is a sweet little seahorse floating along his sparkly ocean! I can totally relate to that "gotta touch it to check" urge. Oh how I could have used a little more patience and impule control years ago when I tried some of the other resin out there. ETI jewelry resin seems soooooo much easier to work with.

barbara macaskill said...

What a sweet seahorse! My niece has been to the ocean numerous times and I think she would love one of these! I might even invite her up to help make it! She would love that and I would love to spend some time with her! She is an amazing little 7 year old! Thanks for the inspiration and giving me a reason to get to know my niece better! :-)

West Pine Creations said...

I just bought this resin but hesitant to try it. Don't want to ruin my first piece. Thanks for the confidence.

sharon g said...

How cute. My niece would love that!!

StampendousGraphics said...

So cute, Krissy! I wondered how your clear TH charm would come out, it's just adorable. Now I have to try this on some acrylic pieces! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us!

Sabrina said...

I love the seahorse. He is so adorable!!

Janis said...

Darling little seahorse!!! LOL at the "don't ask me how I know" experience. We all have a few (or a lot!) of those, don't we! Sweet project.

Denise Bryant said...

Fun pendant! Love the sparkle from the glitter you added! Great project!

Carole said...

Love the glitter effect.

Renee M said...

Such a sweet pendant--great idea to stamp and cut out the cute little seahorse! I have a package of resin I am itching to try out, and I have some of the Tim Holtz clear pendants too--I've had them awhile and was not sure what to do with them. Now I know! Thanks for sharing the ideas :)

Kailash said...

Love that image, the glitter is just fabulous!!

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a NEAT Design!! LOVE the added sparkle too!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

jackie said...

Just love that seahorse. Very creative.

Yolanda said...

Sooo cute! Thanks.

Suzanne C said...

Adorable! Fantastic idea!