Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Friday, May 31, 2013

Stampendous and Envirotex Get Hoppin'

Envirotex-Jewelry-Clay-RJewelryResinPack1It's been a fun week playing with ETI’s Jewelry Resin,  and with their two part epoxy  Resin Clay.  I enjoyed stepping out of my comfort zone and working with both.  I already have more ideas for future projects with these great products.  Stay tuned!
I've really been impressed with the projects the Stampendous design team has created this week.  Be sure to check out this weeks' Stampendous Impressions blog posts for links to all of the design team posts.
And, of course, the famous Resin and Resin Clay Diva, Carmi Cimicata of the Resin Crafts Blog has been playing along with us this week with some of her terrific creations!
PLUS – The people at Nunn Design were kind enough to supply bezels to the the team so that we could make some beautiful jewelry!

I'm pleased to say that the project I created for you today turned out exactly like I pictured it in my head!  That doesn't happen very often!  I'm so excited!  I usually tend to wear the same jewelry every day and not worry about matching my necklace to my outfit.  This pendant has made me change my mind!  I can't wait to find the perfect outfit to wear with this. 
To make this pendant, I followed the package directions to prep the Jewelry Clay and then stamped one of the leaf images from the Stampendous Foliate Quad Cube onto the clay.  I used a craft knife to trim the clay to fit in the bezel, carefully transferred the clay to the bezel and brushed on Perfect Copper Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder and let the clay cure.  The next day I used a soft cloth to wipe away the excess pigment powder and buff it up a little.  That's when I let out a little squeal!  I LOVE it!
I'm so bummed that this looks no where as cool in the picture as it does in real life!  I can't even tell you how many pictures I took, and this was the best one.  *sigh*  Sorry - hope you get the idea!

Here's my dilemma!  On one hand I want to leave it alone and not mess it up, on the other hand I think it would look really cool if I rubbed on a bit of green paint to give it a patina look.  Decisions, decisions!  What do you think?
Ok, now it's time for you to check out what all of the other girls have created.  Be prepared to be WOWED!!!  I'm sure they're going to knock your socks off!   Be sure to leave comments on each blog because we have Resin AND Stamps AND Bezels to give away!!  Here’s who is playing with us today:

Krissy Fossmeyer (you are here!)

Time for me to skedaddle!  Have a wonderful day and take time to get inky!

21 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

Great Pendant and great idea to use the cubes! I need to try those!

Lea said...

Sweetie, I LOVE this! I would have squealed too! I think it's beautiful just the way it is, but, I'm one of those that curiosity would get the best of me and I would have to try the green! Maybe just a tiny bit of green like the Kiwi Metallic F/X from Dreamweaver. Anyway, it's gorgeous and I love the simplicity of it.

Sue D said...

Gorgeous--love the copper perfect pearls. I think you should make another one with the green paint.

Mary Anne said...

Love the pendant! I know what you mean about when to stop, have that problem all the time. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Sabrina said...

Fabulous pendant!!

Larissa Heskett said...

How BEAUTIFUL is this Natural Design!! This is the Perfect Jewelry for my Sister!! She is Very Simple and doesn't like flashy or too much, she would LOVE this!! I LOVE how detailed it is~ AWESOME!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

West Pine Creations said...

Wow, I love the simplicity of it. Thanks for the ideas.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Gorgeous and I love the copper sheen!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

I think it looks pretty darn cool right now. Beautiful project

barbara macaskill said...

I love this just the way it is! Maybe you can do another one and add the green paint or the patina! That way you have the best off both worlds! LOL! I know I will be looking for ANY excuse to play with these goodies! TFS!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful pendant! I love the texture!

Unknown said...

I can imagine how pretty that sheen is bcuz I love perfect pearls for exactly that reason! I used it on polymer clay and got excited. I love how beautifully the leaf now matches the metal pendant base and looks like one perfect piece of jewelry! Please don't add the green. Maybe make a second one and add the green? Or how about a fun bracelt with alternating copper and green patina pendants to go with this lovely pendant? Fun fun!

Kailash said...

Love the copper and the detailed image is so elegant, very pretty!!

Janis said...

Love what you made!! I've never used Perfect Pearls, so I always perk up my ears whenever I see it mentioned by one of you fabulous designers.

I'm sure your pendant really shines even more when it knows it isn't in front of a camera. LOL..isn't that how it always is!

StampendousGraphics said...

Wow! Gorgeous, Krissy! I have to agree, leave it the way it is! This is just fantastic! You've really made something special here, afraid I may have to copy it!! :)

Kyle4143 said...

I have to say I love it without color. I think it's gorgeous as it is now!

corkpop said...

I was just at the craft store a couple hours ago buying poly clay to do a similar pendant except I want a raised image so I will make a mold with the clay first and then press the clay onto the mold. This way I will have positive dimension instead of negative. I'm thinking of a feathery dandelion stamp...

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful design! Love how it is!

Janelle Stollfus said...

This IS really cool! Love it as it is.

Iris said...

so pretty