Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rainy Day Changito




Edited to Add:  Beginner's Luck!  This card was one of the two that was chosen as winners of this week's Sketch Challenge!  I'm so excited!

 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again! I love Changito! This little guy just makes me happy! He is so much fun to get good and inky!

I made this card for this week's Saturday Stampendous Sketch Challenge. It's my first attempt at this, and I am really excited to be a part of it. This week's sketch requires that you incorporate a transparency. This was the first card that came to mind, and I have to tell you it actually turned out almost exactly how I pictured it in my mind's eye. That never happens.

If you've never checked out the adorable Changito, you really should take a look at www.stampendous.com. They have a whole line of beautiful stamps and so many cute ones, too. Everytime I look at their beautiful catalog, I see another one or two or three that I HAVE to have! At the top of my wishlist currently is Changito Baker, Biker Bee, Changito Fireworks and the adorable Patriotic Pair. I also NEED the "gor-juss" Cling Music Score stamp. I have so many ideas for that stamp. It is so elegant!

OK- enough of my rambling. Thanks for stopping by today, I'll be back later with the other card I've created for the Stampendous Sketch Challenge.

Edited to Add: The second photo shown above is the inside of my card. I've never decorate the insides before, but have noticed that so many stampers are doing this now. (I love to look at the galleries on SplitCoast Stampers for inspiration!) So, for the first time I decorated the inside, and it was so much fun - just seems like the perfect finishing touch!

recipe: stamps: Stampendous Rainy Day Changito, DCWV Glitter Mat Stack, Water Paper ?; Ink Tsukineko Graphite Black; Prismacolor Pencils, Goo-Gone, Tortillons; Ribbon: JoAnn's; Sakura Star Glaze Pen, Fiskars Border Punch, Grafix Clear Craft Plastic

4 comments:

Stampendous said...

Super cute!!! And perfect for April showers!

Vicky said...

Oh what a cute card! I love the color combination! and this stamp is adorable :)

Barb said...

Love this one!!

Stampendous said...

Congrats Krissy!! You won last week's Stampendous Sketch Challenge! Could you email us your mailing address to submissions@stampendous.com We want to send you your prize :) Thanks for playing!!