Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Teacher's Notecards




8/31/10  Edited to Add - This set of notecards was chosen as one of the two winners of the Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge.....Woo-Hoo!

 
Last year I made a set of these notecards for my son's preschool teachers. This year I think I'll make them again, but for his Kindergarten teacher. Instead of stamping various sentiments on the cards, I think this time I will use the computer and print her name on the cards to personalize them. I did one set with red cards and one with blue - I think I like the red best. What do you think?

It did take quite awhile to make a set of these, since each apple is cut out by hand. But I like they way they turned out. I applied double-sided tape to the back of the decorative paper BEFORE I cut them out. Stamp the apples on the kraft paper first, color the stem & leaf, then adhere the cut out apple.

I made a box out of kraft paper, and stamped the apples on the side of the box before I assembled it. Use of piece of craft acetate for the lid, a piece of raffia and VOILA! a great teacher's gift.

Hope you'll take time to get "inky" today....

recipe: Stampendous Apple; DCWV Classic Mat Stack; Yours Truly Red notecards; Archiver's kraft & blue cardstock; Tsukineko Graphite Black Ink; Prismacolor Pencils; Fiskars border punch

1 comment:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, these are AWESOME! I just love that Stampendous apple....I think I might need to find this one. Tooooo cute!