Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mish Mash Hip to be Square Challenge


I've never participated in a sketch challenge before, but thought today was the day to give it a go. Check out the details at http://michellewooderson.blogspot.com/2009/12/hip-to-be-square-card-sketch.html. If you've never taken a look at Michelle's blog you are in for a treat! Her blog is one of my absolute favorites and my day is not complete until I read her post. Her creativity is inspiring! In fact, one of the gifts I made for the boys' teachers, was inspired by her (I'll try to get those photos posted tonight!) Anyway, back to Mish Mash.....she has great ideas, beautiful photos and a fantastic Etsy shop. Be sure to check out her blog!

I've never been a big fan of red and pink together, but for some reason this card "works" for me. Once again, it incorporates my favorite little snowman. I'm trying to get in the mindset to work on Valentines, this card is a great transition - not quite Christmas and not yet Valentine's Day. It will be perfect for either Valentine's Day or a February birthday.

Hope you have fun plans for New Year's Eve. We're staying home and enjoying family time. We'll see if we're able to stay awake until midnight to ring in the New Year with Dick Clark. Maybe I'll work on my blog a bit and get caught up on some photos I have for you....that should help me stay awake to see the start of 2010.

recipe: Paper: kisses Me & My Big Ideas, red dots unknown; Martha Stewart snowflake punch; ribbon: Offray; stamp: Penny Black Warm & Cold; Crystal Stickles; Prismacolor pencils; Goo-Gone; tortillons

3 comments:

Michelle Wooderson said...

Ohhhh, how cute! I love that snowflake punch. I didn't buy it the first time I saw it and now I'm kicking myself!! I love your blog banner photo too, that front porch is picture perfect!! Happy New Year and thanks for visiting my blog. Mish

Caryl P said...

So cute!!!! I love that snowman paired with pink and red, a direction I wouldn't have thought of but may have a go at it now. I'll be back to visit, Happy New Year!

Diane said...

Love the pink and red...very cute!!