Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Changito Hello


Have I mentioned that I love Changito?  He's just so darn cute!  This is one of the cards I made for the Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge (see details here).  It's a fun challenge!  Take a look at the sketch and see what you are inspired to create.

This card came together pretty quickly for me (don't you love when that happens?)  I knew I wanted to use this big red paper bloom, but struggled to find something to add at the center of the flower.  Bling didn't work, brads didn't work, round buttons didn't work.....then I found it!  Ta-da!  An oval button!  It was from my Gram's button collection that I was lucky enough to inherit.  I remember as a kid playing with her button collection.  She used to keep them in old Ball jars and some were in cute little tins.  I thought they were a big treasure - and I still do!  So, this card will have to go to someone special since it includes a special "Gram" button.  ☺

Well better run, I have one more post for tonight.  Another take on the Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge.  Of course, it's another Changito.  Stay tuned!

recipe:  stamps: Stampendous Changito Spring, Stampendous Happy Messages; DCWV Green MatStack; Tsukineko Tuxedo Black, Gingerbread; Making Memories Daisy Red Paper Flower; Prismacolor Pencils, Goo-Gone, Tortillons; Miscellaneous button (thanks, Gram♥); Hemp Cord

No comments: