Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!


I have to say making this card in July was a welcome break to this hot weather we've been having.  I, for one, am looking forward to the temperature dropping a bit!  I'm ready to turn off the air conditioning and open the windows and get some fresh air!

The whole time I was making this card, I had the song running through my head...
♪♫♫♪ "Oh, the weather outside it frightful, but the fire is so delightful
and since we've no place to go, Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!♫♪♪♫
I must say it cooled me off a bit (even if my boys looked at me like I had completely lost my mind!)

This card is based on this week's Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge.  I had already completed 3 cards to submit for the challenge and as I was cleaning up the mess that naturally occurs while I am busy creating, I ran across this stamp set and the card immediately came together in my head.  I love it when that happens!  One component of the sketch was to have three of something in one corner, the "let it snow" stamp perfectly fit the bill!  Voila!

I think pink and blue in bright tones are a crisp combination.  And I think Changito is secure enough to use a pink-handled shovel!  It may be hard to see in this photo, but I used Liquid Applique on the snow drifts.  What fun!

Take a look at this week's sketch and see what you can come up with for the challenge, it's really a lot of fun....and a good reason to get inky today!

recipe:  stamps:  Stampendous Changito Snowplay; HOTP Pink Swirls; The Paper Co,; snowflake paper unknown; Tsukineko Tuxedo Black, Aspen Mist, Prismacolor Pencils, Goo-Gone, Tortillons; CM Oval Cutting System; Liquid Applique

1 comment:

Lin said...

Very cute! You're on to a great idea here, making Christmas cards in this heat!