Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Monday, July 12, 2010

Make a Joyful Noise



I told you before that the Director of our Preschool is retiring.  This is a card that I made for her as part of a gift.  About a year ago she gave me three sets of Stampin' Up stamps.  So, I decided to make her notecards using all of these stamps.  I'll have more to show you in the coming days. 

She is very musical, so this was a great card for her.  I used the Stampin' Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons to color the stamped image (a full set of crayons came from her, too!  she's so generous!)  These crayons are so much fun to work with.  From what I understand there are many ways to use them.  I chose to use a H2O pen and touch the tip of my paintbrush to the tip of the crayon to pick up the color and then "painted" the image.  It was really a lot of fun, and a great project to work on after the kidlets went to bed and the hubby and I were watching TV. 

I need to make a birthday card for my husband's aunt today, I think I'll use Fluffles since Linda is a cat lover!  I'll share that card soon.

Hope you'll take time to get inky today....

recipe:  stamp: Stampin' Up All God's Children; The Paper Co, patterned paper?; ribbon JoAnn's; Marvy Scalloped Circle Punch; CM circle cutting system; Tsukineko Tuxedo Black ink; Stampin' Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons & H2O pen

No comments: