Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Friends Through Thick & Thin


Yesterday I needed to find a project to keep me busy while my close friend, Stefanie, was in the hospital having a lumpectomy performed.  What better way to keep busy than to get inky?  Of course, I always think Changito is adorable, and this image with him and his little friend made me smile.  The sentiment is from a different set (Stampendous Ribbon Hope) but I think the message is perfect for these little monkey friends.  And perfect for me and Stefanie.  Over our 25 year friendship we have endured a lot, including high school, her living in Korea for a few years, college, boys, men, weddings, pregnancies, parents' illnesses; we've gone through just about everything together.  Unfortunately, with our weight fluctuations, we've also been through "thick and thin" according to the scale ;-)!

This card was based on this week's Stampendous Saturday Sketch Challenge.  I'm really having a good time working with the sketches their wonderful team provides.  It has really challenged me to be a little more creative and to get more cards made to add to my stash.  Thank you, Stampendous!

I better get going and get this card in the mailbox before the mailman arrives.  Please keep a good thought for my friend and say a prayer that her lab results next week bring good news and that there is no need for further treatment.  Thank you!

Take time to get inky today and maybe make a card for one of your good friends to let them know how much you love and appreciate them....

recipe:  stamps: Stampendous Rainy Day Changito, Stampendous Ribbon Hope; DCWV Nana's Kids, Pastels Mat Stack; Tsukineko Tuxedo Black, Pretty Petunia; Sakura Star Glaze Pen; Prismacolor Pencils, Goo-Gone, Tortillons; Miscellaneous Buttons, Paper Flowers; Diamond Glaze

3 comments:

Melinda Gleissner said...

This is another great card Krissy, sure to brighten your friend's day. Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melinda Gleissner said...

I keep seeing goo-gone on everyone's supply list. What did you use it for?

Krissy said...

Melinda- Thanks for your kind comments on my cards (glad you liked the jingle bells! how fun!)

I use the Goo-Gone to blend my Prismacolor Pencils instead of OMS. I've heard that others use baby oil, but I found that it left a stain on my paper.

Have a great day! Take time to get inky!