Welcome to Paper Inkspirations!



Hi! My name is Krissy, welcome to my blog. I have been an avid paper-crafter for many years, my addiction started with scrapbooking and has evolved to card-making. It all started when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a card for my nephew's birthday. Looking at my ever-expanding collection of scrapbook supplies, I thought I'd made a card for him. Since then, I've been hooked on card-making and my scrapbooks have been collecting dust. Someday I'll get back to them... I have two beautiful boys and a wonderful & supportive husband and I work at the Preschool at our church. When I'm not spending time with my family or making cards, I enjoy being active in our church. Life is good! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.

Take time to get inky today....

Monday, May 3, 2010

Teacher's Appreciation Week - Day 1




Today is the first day of Teacher's Appreciation Week at my oldest son's school. To show our appreciation to his wonderful teachers, these are the little goodies he took to school with him today. The card was inspired by one I found in the new Stampendous catalog. The little can is a "recycled" pop-top fruit can. Inside I placed a handful of Hershey's Bliss chocolates. These are easy to make, and they always impress. It's fun to have the recipient try to figure out how I got the candy inside, yet the pop-top hasn't been opened. I'll let you in on a secret...shhh....you use a safety can opener to remove the bottom of the can, fill the can with the treat, add a little shred for cushioning and then glue the bottom of the can back on with Diamond Glaze. I usually use a can of soup as a weight until the glue dries. I use a bunch of ribbon scraps to decorate the pull-tab. These are so much fun to make!

recipe: Stampendous Book Border; The Paper Co.; Prismacolor Pencils, Goo-Gone, Tortillons; Tsukineko Tuxedo Black Ink; misc ribbon scraps; DelMonte fruit can